health journal

I   Home    I    firstaid   I    Nurses recruitment   I    Medical Equipment   I    Hospital Supplies   I    Dialysis Machine   I    Ultra Sound   I    First Aid   I    Cancer   I    Contact   I    Career   I


Saturday, June 24, 2006

essentials in buying trainers

You might think the concept of different trainers of diffenrent sports is amarketing ploy by shoe manufacturers to get you to spend more. But the experts say not. Research from the Medical College of Wisconcin shows that the wrong shoes may contribute to development of stress fractures. "It's important to choose the appropriate shoe for your chosen activity, as the demands of each vary," says consultant podiatric surgeon Ron McCulloch, from the London Podiatry Clinic (Londonpodiatry.com)
For example, tennis involves lots of lateral movement and change of direction, while running is pure forward motion. 'You would be looking for a nice stable upper and lateral support in the tennis shoe, while cushioning and stability would be more important in the running shoe," explains Mike Buss, on the road coordinator for adidas.
If every sport has its perfect shoe, wjere do cross-trainers fit in?"Jack of all trades, and master of none.If you re doing anything more than the most basic non impact exercise and gymwork, you need more support and cushioning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home